Monday, February 19, 2007

Goodbye Memphis

Goodbye Memphis
Monday, February 19th

Let me start with some more Memphis photos (thanks to Francesca - these are all stolen from her).

A whole mess of "Spammers" at Rendezvous.


"Spammers" at Sun Studios
Amy, Tony, Callie, JV, Robert, Ryan, Jeff & Francesca

The Spamalot mural backstage at the Orpheum. Props to Vera our artist (and prop person).

Load-in lunch at the Rum Boogie Cafe. (Karl, JV & Ken)

The remainder of our engagement in Memphis was delicious! Special mention goes to the FOTO (Friends of the Orpheum) who made us the family meal between shows on Sunday. It was a home-cooked extravaganza: mac & cheese, greens, scalloped potatoes and on and on... I have no idea how the dancers were able to do our second show.

We moved to Atlanta today. We're playing at the Fox Theatre on Peachtree Street and staying right across the street. I haven't been to the theater yet (8 AM tomorrow), but I understand that it is beautiful. The hotel is also great. We're in the Hotel Indigo; it's a new boutique hotel and really nice. Seems like it'll be a nice place to spend a couple of weeks.

The recommendations have begun to come in for Atlanta. Went to dinner tonight with Sheila's Aunt, Uncle and cousins. We had what the restaurant claimed was the best pizza in Atlanta at Mama Niki's (thin crispy crust - yum). I also understand that I need to try out the cuisine at The Varsity and the cheese cake at Mick's. Any other recommendations are encouraged.

JV

3 comments:

S.O'C said...

I often wondered who paints the show posters onto the walls. Looks awesome. Hope to see your name signed at the Colonial soon! ;-) Love you. keep writing. it gives me something to look forward too.

SME said...

Thank you for my postcard! The trolley is pretty darn cute. Wish I could've seen it all with you.
xoxoxo

SME said...
This comment has been removed by the author.