Friday, June 1, 2007

In the Heights

In the Heights
Friday, June 1st

When I need a WaHi fix, I can get it on the web! First, Google Earth let me fly around NYC and zoom in on my home from a satellite. Now, Google maps will take me right down to street level. Click here to see what I mean.

The link should drop you right outside 44 Pinehurst. You can virtually "drive" down all the streets in my neighborhood. Click anywhere on the map to zoom in, then you can tilt and pan the image. It's all there: Jin's, Jesse's, even some neighborhood types out and about on the street. Pretty cool stuff! It's all street based, so you can't tour the parks or check out anything not visible from the road (very few of my favorite neighborhood spots are in the middle of the street...). It all also apears they shot WaHi on a cloudy day, but at least the trees are all green!

I changed the format of the blog a little bit. From the main page, only the latest entry will load. All the older entries are still here, just use the index on the left. Hopefully, this will let the page load faster as you won't be loading the last seven entries all at once. I also added a map of the tour to the bottom of the page. It only shows the cities I visited on the tour (in red), the cities I plan to visit (everything through the beginning of '08 is in blue) and the city I'm in now (in purple). I stole the original map from the Spamalot official website (Visit Spamalot on the web) and did a little editing...

JV

No comments: