Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Home

Home
Tuesday, April 10th

It has been so nice being close to NYC the last several weeks. Being able to get home for the day off has been great. I've been able to run lots of errands: eye appointments, picking up my summer clothes and shopping for travel supplies at the Container Store. I've also been able to be in touch with the rhythms of 44 Pinehurst.

The best part, though, has been spending so much time with my wife. I've rarely been so glad to see her as when she arrived in Philly the Friday after I hurt my back. She helped me out of bed, put on my socks and tied my shoes; but she also gave me all kinds of moral support. It's been great to be able to have breakfast and dinner together almost as many days as we have them apart. I'm looking forward to a couple more of those weekends. I appreciate her making the trek to where ever I've been as much (and dragging the dog along) as I've enjoyed coming home.

I'm looking forward to a couple more of those weekends before I get too far away.

JV

3 comments:

Googuls said...

a-rod is amazing!


when are we going to a ballgame? and more importantly, i have to find a way to see you!


googs

ps-thanks for the well wishes from you and SM

SME said...

I adore you, Husband. Thank you. Andy and I have felt very lucky to have you near. And I'm so glad you're finally feeling better - I think I enjoyed more of Philly than you did! Here's to rocking out in Hartford :)

Unknown said...

Who is this "wife" person you keep mentioning? She sounds nice; I'd like to meet her. Also, my nephew Andy is welcome to come stay with me any weekend that SM can't bring him with her to visit you. (His feline cousins asked me to invite him; they miss him!)

Have fun in Hartford! I've heard it's a wild town. (Although maybe in this case "wild" is just short for "wilderness.")