Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Day Off - Part 4 (English Bay)

To wrap up the day off, David and I walked up to the beach at English Bay. We got some Starbucks and some snacks, found a big log on the beach and settled in to watch the sun set over English Bay and behind Black Mountain.

I took nearly 100 photos of the sunset and have culled it down to around 30 in the computer. The dozen or so below speak for themselves. The captions indicate the time I took the photo.



8:55 PM




8:58 PM




9:01 PM


9:07 PM



9:13 PM



9:17 PM

9:19 PM

9:26 PM



9:35 PM



9:38 PM



9:59 PM



10:00 PM


We sat on the beach for nearly an hour and a half enjoying the natural beauty of the sunset. It was so lovely just to sit and enjoy it with a good friend like David. Of course, the beach was full of other folks also enjoying the show. The couple two logs down from us especially enjoyed themselves.


I felt super guilty taking this photo of them making out on the beach at sunset. Instant karma came and got me - I forgot to turn the flash off. Whoops. It didn't seem to bother them, though. They hardly came up for air the whole time we were there. God bless them.


It was a lovely ending to a really wonderful day off.


JV

No comments: