Sunday, November 16, 2008

Buffalo Cityscape



The Times Architecture Section strikes again!  They did a big write up on the architecture of Buffalo, including several buildings I saw while I was there.  I don't know if anyone else finds this stuff as interesting as I do lately, but I found this article really interesting.  It combines two of my tour-developed interests: architecture and urban planning/development.

Nearly every week, we're in the downtown of whatever city we're playing.  These downtowns are often in one phase or another of a redevelopment plan - some successful (like Greenville), some not (like Memphis).  Having been to so many of these cities and seen so many approaches, I'm starting to feel like I could offer advice to city planners...  

In any event, I found this article interesting and so I offer it up to you all!

JV

No comments: