Friday, November 14, 2008

Toronto Cityscape (An Update)



Frank Gehry's addition to the Art Gallery of Ontario officially opened on Friday.  The New York Times published a review of the completed building in Friday's edition.  I found it really interesting to read an architecture critic's response to a building I recently saw.  (The AGO was one of the buildings I photographed for my blog post entitled "Toronto Cityscape".)  Interesting to compare my responses to the building with those of a "trained eye".

The review and the accompanying slide show make me wish I could have seen the building's interior.  You can read the review here. There's a link on the page that will direct you to the slide show...

The Art Gallery of Ontario as it appeared during my visit, still under construction


JV

No comments: