Saturday, July 14, 2007

O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A (Yow!)

O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A (Yow!)
Saturday, July 14th

So, Tulsa. Yeah.

While the car show has been inconvienent, it's about the only thing going on in downtown Tulsa. This is also the first city on the tour where I have literally not seen anything of historic or tourist value. I have seen the theatre, a rehearsal studio, a few restaurants, my hotel and Target.

Tuesday we loaded in all day. Wednesday we put Andrew Fitch into the show (congratulations Andrew!). Thursday and Friday we rehearsed the newest member of the company, Brian O'Brien (welcome!). Saturday and Sunday are two show days. We're off to Des Moines on Monday. That's how a whole week gets by without venturing out to see Oral Robert's University.
Wednesday, I did make it to the local Roadfood.com hot spot: The White River Fish Market. It's a fish market and restaurant all in one! You order from the glass fish cases, and they prepare your meal fresh and on the spot. I had some very tasty broiled scallops, but the real stars of the meal were the hush puppies. I went with Piper, Amy and Siobhan - there was something for everyone on the menu. The showgirls took some dessert to go; the chess pie and cheesecake didn't even make it back to the theatre...

Ken and I are planning an excursion to visit the Cherokee Indians tonight, and hope to return with some of their money...

Snapfish posted an ancient roll of film (there are photos from Houston and Dallas). The link is here. The customary highlights follow:

At the Astros' Game w/ Tony, Patrick, Nigel & Jeff

Francesca's Birthday (Jonathon made cheesecakes)

At the Rangers' Game w/ Michael, Jeff, Cuz, Matt & Mike



w/ My Uncle Colin

And My Aunt Melody

This is the lone picture in my Tulsa file, thus far. Tony snapped this one of Ken shooting some excess pyro out on the loading dock - the perfect load-in stress releaver.




Amusing aside: I was attempting to pull out of the parking lot last night after the show when I was cut off by a minivan bearing the following bumpersticker: "If you don't see God in all, you don't see God at all." Was someone trying to tell me something?

JV

1 comment:

SME said...

Ooh! I love all these photos. Glad you're getting some group shots at the ballparks. I'll photoshop your head into one from tmw's Yankee game.
xoxoxo