Thursday, July 26, 2007

Yet More Photos!

July 26th

Two more rolls of film have posted on Snapfish. (Bringing me up to date). The first roll is of Dallas (a lot of the Hell Party). The second roll is of Des Moines. Some highlights:

Dallas:


Erik and Mitchell IN HELL

Jeff celebrating his birthday (that's make-up making him look like he just rolled in the mud)

Des Moines:

This picture encapsulates Iowa for me. A pick-up truck full 'o corn.

Couldn't pass up the "Strudl Haus"

My "arty" photo of the Iowa State Capitol reflected in a nearby office building


A more traditional picture of the Capitol

Ken contemplating the "Mind Eraser" shot - you're supposed to drink it through a straw...


Erik sums it up: Des Moines: Hell Yes.

St. Paul has been lovely. The presenters welcomed us with some delicious, pudding-filled cupcakes on Tuesday evening. Then they threw a nice party after our opening night. The theatre space is huge - plenty of room for us to spread out - and the auditorium is beautiful and warm. There's lots of wood trim in the house and the backstage spaces. Really has a good vibe.

Our load-in lunch was at Cossetta. Ken remembered this tasty Italian joint from his last trip to St. Paul. The food was served sort of cafeteria style with enormous portions. Every one liked their meal (I liked it enough to return for dinner again last night). Their asiago bread sticks were cheesy bits of light, airy deliciousness.

There seems to be plenty to keep me entertained here in Saint Paul, though I haven't taken advantage yet. Yesterday afternoon we put Brian O'Brien into Kevin Crewell's former track. He did a really great job last night in the show. Today, I read all day. In the past 24 hours I have consumed 500 pages of Harry Potter. (NO SPOILERS ARE COMING.) I'm really enjoying it, though I'm worried I'm flying through it too fast. These are my last pages with Harry et al, but they're so good I don't want to slow down...

JV

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Are you at the Ordway?

Okay - there is this place for lunch that is AMAZING. If you go out the stage door, make a right, go down that block until you get to the intersection - there is the park to the right and a beautiful building to the left... Go inside the front of the building and make an immediate left.

Its a guy who is a local caterer, but he makes amazing lunch in there everyday until 4:00. YOU MUST EAT THERE.

Also - there is an Italian Restaurant called Luna that is also very good - I wish I remembered the street names...

If you walk out the stage door and make a right and keep walking to the other side of the park and past the St. Paul hotel and then make a right... it's a few blocks down.

Also - for lunch - if you make a left from the stage door, and walk past the Arena, and make a left on whatever block that is, then cross to the side that the Holday in is on and keep walking past the holiday in there is a great cafeteria style Italian Place.

You also need to check out the Basilica on the hill - its amazing...

I love that City!

Miss you,
Dave