Thursday, February 14, 2008

Holiday Edition

Thursday, February 14th


I miss my Valentine.

Boston, January


Columbus - November


Washington State - October


Manitou Springs, CO - September



Minneapolis - August


Dallas - July



Houston - May



Indianapolis - May


Boston - April


This is our second Valentines Day apart. Even thought it's a weird pretend holiday, it still sucks to be 900 miles apart. So, I'm thinking loving thoughts about my Valentine today.



I love you, Mrs. Everett.




Thank goodness the people who plan such things have given us a holiday that falls in the middle of cold and grey February. A holiday to warm the cold reaches of our sun-starved hearts. I'm speaking, of course, of PITCHERS AND CATCHERS DAY!!!! Today is the magical day when hope springs eternal for every baseball fan. Today every team could be the next World Series Champion. Today the long winter that began in October is over. Today pitchers and catchers are called on to report.


Not to report to Congress - that was yesterday. (Though how what Roger Clemmens had injected into his butt nearly ten years ago is any concern of my elected officials, I'll never understand. How 'bout the congress use its formidable investigatory powers to find out how the Bush administration is violating the Constitution...)



To Spring Training! Where we can stop talking about who used what when and start talking about World Series Championship #27!






Welcome back, guys. Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!

JV

1 comment:

SME said...

I love YOU Mr. Everett!
I can't wait to reunite with you and baseball in March.
Yours, always.